Picture

Mod Podge Craziness...

>> 7.29.2010


SO... exciting changes have been happening in the back room!  Much to my surprise, my husband pretty much gave me full reign over the spare bedroom, so I have even MORE room to sew and create fun things. And to make me think my husband has lost his mind completely, I proposed to paint the room turquoise without much opposition AND an offer of help. If you know my husband, this is a big deal! I mean change your mind about the master bedroom decor three summers in a row and apparently you scar a man for life! And i am convinced painting a room is almost always initiated by a WIFE!! so the room is totally painted and i am in love. I want to thank the Home depot team for spending 1.5 hrs making sure my 2 gallons of paint matched the sample i had received the day before, sscchew...that took a while. 

I am giving a sneak peak of my cutting/work table that i used mod podge to change the top. I found this table at a garage sale a couple of years ago. the top was blonde wood and had a sticky finish, which the husband was not fond of. it must have had a former life as a craft table since it had tons of glitter everywhere, paint splotches and who knows what else! i've always wanted to refinish it and thought this was a great opportunity. I found some pretty vintagey looking scrapbook paper and off I went. I knew the edge needed to be a dark brown stain/paint so that is what i did first. the color was spot on IMHO. then onto the paper application. I wasnt too happy with the edging so i went a step further (because honestly i can't just stop at "it's pretty good")  i knew i had the polka dot companion paper to the pink and did a border around the whole table. sealed the top with a glossy finish and i called it good. well in my opinion, GREAT!!  and for sure much better than the BEFORE!


 
 

 




Linked to: 










post signature

7 comments:

Misty July 29, 2010 at 10:10 PM  

I absolutely love it and I'm super jealous that you get two rooms..lol

Christi July 29, 2010 at 10:34 PM  

TWO rooms? I wish. I just get the whole room instead of sharing with rob.

Azure July 30, 2010 at 9:55 AM  

What a fun project... Looks great! I wonder if I can get my husband to let me do that to our coffee table. :)

Unknown July 30, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

This is delightful - I LOVE the polka dots!

Melanie July 31, 2010 at 11:59 PM  

I was skeptical when you mentioned scrapbook paper, but it looks really good! Thanks for sharing!

Robin Ange August 4, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

Nothing beats Mod Podge!
Great way to recycle (or upcycle as I like to call it.) I love it and would love to see you post this at my linky party Upcycled Awesome!
http://tinyurl.com/Upcycled8

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP