Picture

LATEST QUILT

>> 10.11.2009



A very good friend of mine is a photographer. I sew and quilt. I love to take pictures too. I had a crazy idea during a downtime in my sewing (which didn't last long!) I make these 1st year clothes quilts and I was itching to do another one but didn't have any current customers. So I thought, hmmmm....who can I possibly trade with! ding..ding...my friend Dorie. I wanted a certain camera lens that she had and thought this was a perfect opportunity to make a quilt of her daughter's 1st year clothes in exchange for said lens!! luckily she agreed. This quilt was so much fun and in different colors than I have used in the past. I am so in love with the pink polka dot ruffle..I even asked my husband if I could make a new comforter for our bedroom and use that fabric as a ruffle. He didn't think that was such a good idea!!!

I am including a link to my friend Dorie's blog that show posted pictures of the quilt. I absolutely love how this turned out.....


http://www.doriehowell.com/


Thanks for taking the time to look...








post signature

5 comments:

kathy October 15, 2009 at 3:00 PM  

Fun! And how wonderful to have a friend to trade with!

Latane Barton October 16, 2009 at 6:33 PM  

That is such a fun quilt. And, aren't you the lucky one to trade it for the lens you wanted. Thanks for sharing it with us all.

Kristy October 21, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

Christi,

It's beautiful! How great that you all could make the trade.

Vicki December 29, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

it's so cute, and such a great idea.

Unknown June 3, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

Gorgeous work!!! I will continue to follow your blog of such beautiful items. You are truely talented!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP